The Caribbean Diaspora for Science, Technology & Innovation-UK (“CADSTI” UK”) is a body of UK based professionals who value the potential of science, technology and engineering to equip Caribbean communities with the skills needed to succeed in future industries and business markets.
We are the UK branch of an international body of professionals (“CADSTI”) with an interest in the social and economic development of the Caribbean region. CADSTI actively seeks to harness the diverse, dispersed and largely untapped talent of the Caribbean Diaspora to catalyse Caribbean innovation and entrepreneurship through a strategic focus on science, technology and engineering – see www.cadsti.org.
CADSTI is led by the eminent M.I.T. Professor Cardinal Warde and is headquartered in Boston.
There are now CADSTI branches in Silicon Valley, New England, US South East, US Mid Atlantic, Canada and the UK.
CADSTI works through the Caribbean Science Foundation which is head quartered in Barbados – see www.csf.org
What we do
- Provides resources to Caribbean communities to enhance scientific and technological capabilities;
- Helps to build a global network of Caribbean professionals who seek to harness the power of scientific minds;
- Connects Caribbean people with educational, professional and business opportunities in science, technology and engineering;
- Encourages innovation, entrepreneurship and technological solutions to social and economic problems faced by Caribbean communities.
How we do it
- Bi-monthly meetings
- Social Media
- Online information sharing
- Workshops with parents
- Workshops with young people
- Technology competitions
- Support and encourage participation in events
- Capacity building
- Support and encourage tangible socio-economic solutions
- Send a Caribbean UK child to SPISE